Superfoods Organic Maca Powder 200g
It is rich in minerals including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, potassium, sulfur and iron, and contains trace minerals, including zinc, iodine, copper, selenium, bismuth, manganese and silica.
It contains nearly 20 amino acids and seven essential amino acids.
It is power-packed with life enhancing enzymes. "A person's lifespan is directly related to the exhaustion of their enzyme potential." - Dr Howell. Which basically means more enzymes in your diet equal a longer and healthier life.
Maca also contains nearly 60 phytochemicals.
But most importantly - it is an adaptogen so it "adapts" to your body's metabolism, working with your body for optimum results.
It has the ability to balance and stabilise the body's systems (cardiovascular system, nervous system, musculature, lymphatic system, etc.). As an adaptogen, Maca can provide more energy if it is needed, but if it is not, it will not overstimulate. Adaptogens also boost immunity and increase the body's overall vitality by 10-15% according to most studies. Rather than addressing a specific symptom, adaptogens are used to improve the overall adaptability of the whole body to diverse and challenging situations and stress.
So what does all that add up to? Here's what consuming Maca regularly can mean for you:
- Increased energy, endurance and strength
- Enhanced libido - it is billed as a natural aphrodisiac
- Balanced hormones - Maca stimulates hormone levels by working on the pituitary gland -
- the gland responsible for secreting sex hormones.
- According to Dr Northrup, Maca can also help impotent men, because it stimulates the
- pituitary gland into secreting more testosterone.
- Immune system support
- Increased oxygen levels in the blood which improves brain function
- Improved memory and mental clarity
- Relief from menopausal symptoms - women who take Maca report LESS fatigue,
- greater energy and relief from hot flushes and night sweats.
- Regulation of menstruation and period pain relief
- Enhanced fertility in both men and women
- Reduction of chronic fatigue
- Overall support of the endocrine system
- Elevates your mood
- A youthful radiance - thanks to increased blood circulation in your skin