SOUTH AMERICAN OMEGA 3-RICH CHIA SEEDS
Chia means strength in Mayan and has over 3 000 years of history as a revered crop. Used by messengers who needed to cover ground swiftly, chia seeds were known as ‘the runner's food’. This seed has a spectacular nutritional profile making it a near-complete food, providing high levels of energy, protein and dietary fibre and very high levels of omega 3 fatty acids.
Chia has a spectacular nutritional profile making it a near complete food, providing high levels of energy, protein and dietary fibre and very high levels of omega 3 fatty acids.
• STABILISES BLOOD SUGAR - contains soluble fibre which reduces blood sugar spikes
• BRAIN FOOD - high levels of omega-3 oils better cognitive function
• ULTIMATE WEIGHT LOSS FOOD - adds low-calorie density & high protein to meals or smoothies
• HIGH IN FIBRE - soothes the digestive system & cleanses the colon
• BETTER DIGESTION - soothes the digestive system & cleanses the colon
• INCREASED ENERGY - soluble fibre stabilises blood sugar & avoids spikes
• EXCELLENT PROTEIN SOURCE - high amounts of near-complete, plant protein
• ANTI-INFLAMMATORY - one of the highest plant-based sources of omega-3 EFAs
• ATHLETIC ENDURANCE - essential fats, fibre and protein in combination
• CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH - rich in omega-3 fatty acids to protect your heart
• LONGEVITY - potent antioxidants provide anti-ageing benefits
• SUPPORTS BONE HEALTH - more calcium than milk, plus boron for absorption
HOW TO USE CHIA SEEDS
Create a quick chia porridge base by adding water and waiting 5 minutes while the chia expands to 10 times its volume. Add chia seeds directly to your smoothies or juices, mix it into soups or sauces as a thickener, create power-packed energy bars, crackers or delicious creamy desserts. Recommended 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon daily.
It’s very easy and cheap to find non-organic chia seeds, they are everywhere! However, at Soaring Free Superfoods we ensure that our chia seeds are certified organic, guaranteed to have been grown organically, free from any chemicals and non-irradiated.
Product of Uganda
100% organic chia seeds