CHUNKY BUTTERNUT WINTER SOUP
- 2 x Medium Brown onions – Chopped
- 1C Dried organic lentils
- 1C Carrots - cubed
- 2C Green beans – cut into quarters
- 2 Turnips grated
- 6 x Baby Marrows - cubed
- 3C Butternut - cubed
- 3 cloves of Garlic – minced
- 4 x Big swiss chard leaves – julienned – sliced very thinly
- 2T - Crede Organic Odourless Coconut oil
- 1 Bayleaf
In a big pot, sauté onions, garlic and bayleaf in coconut oil until golden brown.
Add dried lentils, and just cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer until lentils are almost soft.
Add butternut, carrots and courgettes, simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add green beans, simmer until soft.
Add salt and switch off your stove.
Add spinach and give it all good stir. Adjust salt.
You can garnish with some Swiss chard or your favourite herb before serving.
Serves 4 - 6
- 300g Kale or Swiss Chard
- 2 Tbs Organic Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup crispy pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- Oryx Salt & Pepper to taste