Naked Bones - Beef Bone Broth 500ml
WHAT IS IT?
Bone broth is made from animal bones and connective tissue — typically cattle, chicken, or fish — that have been boiled into a broth and slow simmered for 24 to more than 48 hours with herbs, vegetables, and spices. Broth is a good source of collagen, a protein your body needs to accelerate healing from the inside out. Full of anti-inflammatory amino acids and compounds — such as glucosamine, glycine, proline, and chondroitin — collagen’s unique and powerful combination of nutrients can transform your health, and help you feel younger, happier, and more energized. Unlike a pricey nutritional supplement that your body might not properly absorb, the nutrients in bone broth are incredibly easy for your body to digest and assimilate. This is all thanks to the natural extraction process that happens during the long simmer time.
WHY'S IT GOOD FOR YOU?
Bones and connective tissue are storehouses for essential amino acids and minerals — many of which we don’t get enough of in our diets today. But bones also the only known source of the beneficial protein, type II collagen and gelatin. Quality Bone broth is a food known for its gelatin content and it’s expiration date. If you are buying bone broth that doesn’t have a jello-like consistency when cold, I invite you to try Naked Bones Bone Broth.
We pride ourselves on using only bones from animals that were humanely raised on open pastures with clean diets free of antibiotics and hormones. We prioritize this above all else because what goes into the animals body goes into our body. We only use fresh herbs, onions and garlic and our water is filtered, ensuring the final product is as pure and flavourful as it is packed full of vitamins, minerals and gelatin.
Our beef and chicken bone broth's are simmered ow and slow to ensure that all the good stuff is gently extracted from the bones. After the simmering process we immediately strain and cool the broths, skim off excess fat, strain a second time and package it. The amount of TLC we put into each batch makes it quite labour intensive. But we truly enjoy every minute of it!
- Filtered Water
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) : We use a traditional “old school” ACV which is unpasteurized and full of gut-healthy bacteria. It also includes active yeast and essential amino acids. The acidity of the vinegar helps dissolve minerals like magnesium, potassium, and calcium from the bones and into the broth itself. One of the big health benefits of broth comes from the fact that it is so dense in minerals and nutrients we are lacking in our modern diet. The second reason to add vinegar is because it acts as a preservative. By adding this type of vinegar to our broth gives it that extra nutritional boost you just won’t get from plain white vinegar.
- Bones : We pride ourselves on using only bones from animals that were humanely raised on open pastures with clean diets free of antibiotics, hormones and grains. We prioritize this above all else because what goes into the animals body goes into our body We use only grass-fed beef bones free range chicken bones to create broths rich in glycine, glutamic acid. We use high-quality bones that are collagen-rich, such as marrow bones, knuckles and chicken bones, necks and chicken feet. Grass fed beef has more Conjugated Linoleic Acid, antioxidants (Vitamin A, E) and omega-3 fatty acids than grain fed beef.
- Garlic : Garlic has been used throughout the ages for anything from lowering cholesterol to suppressing breath cancer cell growth.
- Onions : The phytochemicals in onions along with their vitamin C help improve immunity.
- Thyme : Has anti-fungal, antibacterial, insecticidal properties.
- Rosemary : Was traditionally used to help alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, boost the immune and circulatory system, and promote hair growth
- Fennel : Fennel's fibre, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B-6, and phytonutrient content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health. A good source of calcium, pantothenic acid, magnesium, iron and niacin.
- Bay Leaves : detoxify the body and protect it from bacterial infections. A healthy dose of vitamins A, C, magnesium, calcium, manganese, potassium, and iron. Ease joint pain from arthritis.