Crede Pumpkin Seed Oil 250ml
Pumpkinseed oil has a delicate nutty flavour, which is ideal for salads, salad dressings and soups. Dark reddish-green in colour, pumpkinseed oil is rich in polyunsaturated fats and is a highly nutritional oil that is ideal for use in a variety of cold-food dishes. The oil can also be used in desserts, giving vanilla ice cream a nutty taste. Do not heat the oil to preserve the essential fatty acids and other nutrients such as vitamin A, E and zinc.
Some suggested benefits of pumpkinseed oil include the promotion of a healthy, functioning digestive tract and prostate gland. Clinical studies have shown that the ingredient delta 7 sterole, which can help prevent testosterone build-up in the cells of the prostate, is found in pumpkinseeds and cold-pressed pumpkinseed oil.
- Rich in healthy polyunsaturated fats, which promote heart health
- One of the best plant sources of omega fatty acids
- Source of delta 7, a plant sterol linked that promotes a healthy prostate
- Great source of zinc & magnesium
- High in vitamins A & E
- Suitable for a wide variety of cold-food dishes
Please Note: Avoid heating pumpkin seed oil, in order to preserve its essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals.
Cold-pressed pumpkin seed oil. Fatty acid composition: Omega-3 0.2%, Omega-6 43.8%, Omega-9 37.9%
Nutritional information (per 15ml serving):
- Energy: 508kJ
- Total fat: 13.7g
- Of which saturated fat: 2.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: <1mg
- Total sodium: <1mg
We Also Recommend
Olives Go Wild: Vac-U Fresh Extra Virgin Olive Oil 500ml & 1.25 litres